Why can't I connect to the iTunes store?
hh12345
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought a new iPhone 5s and I cannot connect to iTunes store.  I've checked my wi-fi and I can connect to iTune store from my laptop.

Has anyone had this issued?  If yes, how did you correct it?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: connectivity to iTunes store
Not applicable

You have to set up an iTunes account with your Apple ID and password on the device you are wanting to use. Since you have iTunes Store access via computer make sure the same Apple ID and password is on your iPhone

If the settings in the phone show the correct Apple ID you should have no problem accessing the store.

Also hook your iPhone into iTunes to register the device and then turn the device on and off. It should connect properly.

Go to:

http://www.apple.com

In the support community may have a fix for you if my suggestions did not work.

Good luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hh12345,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting to your app store. Are you receiving any error message when trying to do so? Have you tried both while on wi-fi and on cellular. We want you to be able to utilize the options you have available so please fill us in on these things.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hh12345
Enthusiast - Level 1

we've tried both.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You have to set up an iTunes account with your Apple ID and password on the device you are wanting to use. Since you have iTunes Store access via computer make sure the same Apple ID and password is on your iPhone

If the settings in the phone show the correct Apple ID you should have no problem accessing the store.

Also hook your iPhone into iTunes to register the device and then turn the device on and off. It should connect properly.

Go to:

http://www.apple.com

In the support community may have a fix for you if my suggestions did not work.

Good luck

0 Likes
henry4verizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a iPhone 5 user and i was faced with iTunes connectivity issues, but the solution is not the same for all issues it depends on various elements, here is a list of iTunes errors and their solutions and you can check them to see if anything matches your situation.

error msvcr80.dll

error 7

error 3194

error 9006

error 0x80096004

Although most of the above errors are not related to your situation, the cause of  these errors are explained very clearly in the above articles which can get you an idea of various situations in which iTunes errors are experienced and hopefully solve your problem.

As i told you there is no single solution to iTunes errors since most of them are connected together , the only solution is research and find it .