Why can't I make or receive calls without updating?
SIZNET7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded my iPhone 5 to OS 10.0.2 and now I can not receive or make calls. How do I fix this

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with OS 10.0.2
SIZNET7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I fixed the problem by going to my settings > cellular > roaming and turning the roaming off

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willyforce

I'm having the same issue - I can use my cellular data to browse the internet but can't make or receive calls. Ugh!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you tried:

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before. If you have another device, see if you can connect your carrier's network with it in that location.

0 Likes
SIZNET7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I fixed the problem by going to my settings > cellular > roaming and turning the roaming off

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SIZNET7, the community members here have given you some great advice on troubleshooting this issue. I want to make sure that we all work as a team to resolve things for you. Did the call capability stop right after the update? Did you restart your phone after the update?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

willyforce,

We appreciate you reaching out to the community! Are you still experiencing the issues with your ability to call? Have you been able to try the recommendation to reset your phone's network settings? Please keep us posted with any progress.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fffrantik

Yes I restarted my phone and yes the problem started with the up date. Still can’t answer or make a phone call.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Fffrantik wrote:

Yes I restarted my phone and yes the problem started with the up date. Still can’t answer or make a phone call.

I hope you weren't still using a 2 1/2 year old OS. You know how mnay updates ther has been

since then?

0 Likes