Why can't I send pictures with my iPhone 5S?
JEM12786

I've had my iPhone iPhone 5s for about 2 weeks now and everything has been great but the past few days, it won't send pics to any of my contacts. It will get like 95% there and then say "message failed to send." I can post to Facebook or in emails but can't do anything other than that. I have my cellular data turned off and only use wi-fi to save on my phone bill. I've turned the phone off and then on again but that didn't work. I also did an ios update but that didn't solve the problem either.  I would appreciate any kind of help or possible solutions. Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 5s won't send pics
Not applicable

Cellular data must be turned on to send pictures. Additionally if you are trying to send via messaging the photo has to be under a certain size (small) because the size limit will be exceeded. On WiFi the cellular data still needs to be on its just one of those things.

Try sending again after its back on.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Cellular data must be turned on to send pictures. Additionally if you are trying to send via messaging the photo has to be under a certain size (small) because the size limit will be exceeded. On WiFi the cellular data still needs to be on its just one of those things.

Try sending again after its back on.

Good Luck

0 Likes
jkmsc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe picture messages (MMS) require data to send. Now, if you were sending an iMessage, then wifi should've worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jkmsc,

Oh no, let's get your MMS back up and running! Is your MMS option on? You can check by going to settings>messages>MMS Messaging> ensure it is green. Are you able to send to only certain contacts? Please provide additional details so we can get to the bottom of this for you.

Thank you,

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes