Why can't I turn on global roaming?
felizino

Hello there.

I became a Verizon customer less than a week ago in San Francisco, switching from AT&T and purchasing an iPhone 5S 32 Gb in Space Gray from the flagship Apple Store. My plan is the SHARE EVERYTHING UNL TALK & TEXT 2GB.

I am now in ITALY for 2 weeks and just realized I can't make calls nor check my voicemail.

In my settings I've turned on all the cellular features, including Roaming (Voice & Data).

I have spent a long time going through the support sections and reading through the instructions on how to add global services to my Verizon.

Nothing. When I try to add global services a notification pops up saying 'International eligibility check: YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE'.

I am stuck, I have an iPhone that I can't use and have 2 more weeks to go here in Italy.

I checked the section 'How do I get my non-global ready (CDMA-only) phone ready to use outside the US?'

One of the things I found was 'Non-global ready devices can’t add Global Services in My Verizon'

If the pop up says 'International eligibility check: YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE', how do I make my phone work while in Italy?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't make my iPhone 5S 32 Gb roam abroad (ITALY)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Felizino!

I would first like to offer my apologies for the inconvenience and frustration this must be causing you, being unable to use your device while travelling. I couldn't imagine being without my phone as I traveled.

Since you have been a customer less than 90 days, you will need to go through a special application process to add International services to your account. Please call our toll-free Global support team to apply, and find out your options for adding international services. Their number is 908-559-4899. Follow this line for further instructions to contact them. http://vz.to/18WgvEJ

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Felizino!

I would first like to offer my apologies for the inconvenience and frustration this must be causing you, being unable to use your device while travelling. I couldn't imagine being without my phone as I traveled.

Since you have been a customer less than 90 days, you will need to go through a special application process to add International services to your account. Please call our toll-free Global support team to apply, and find out your options for adding international services. Their number is 908-559-4899. Follow this line for further instructions to contact them. http://vz.to/18WgvEJ

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
yelnak

having same problem… called them yesterday… fixed = for 1 day. we are riding on vodaphones network… vod says no access ALL THE TIME. ya think owning a piece of vod would help w vow use in their backyard… NO. Cant even dial them in States or this unpublished international telephone number.

0 Likes