Why can't my iPhone5 connect to my home internet?
PeggyN

The network shows up in settings as available, but keeps on searching. Visitors with iPhones/other phones connect with no trouble.  Help?...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't my iPhone5 connect to my home internet?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PeggyN, help is here! This task shouldn't be so much trouble. When enabling the WiFi feature in Settings, it will notify you when a Wi-Fi hotspot is available. Does your device provide you with all the available WiFi signals at your location? Are othere devices connected to your WiFi when you attempt to connect? Please be advised that multiple devices connected to that Wi-Fi signal can deplete the signal strength. We recommend that you soft rset your device by powering it off/on and try to connect again. However, make sure that no other devices are connected to that WiFi device when you try to connect again. Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PeggyN

The device was notifying me that there were networks available, and when I chose which I wanted, it kept searching, searching and searching, but never connecting or offering me a log-on screen.  I did turn my phone off and then back on and was offered a log-on screen for the network here at work.  I will also try when I get home.

Thank you so much for the fix.

Peggy

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear it PeggyN! Power cycling your device is recommended daily to help maintain performance. Please let us know if you have any other wifi difficulties.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
maxine1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been using my home Comcast wifi with my iphone5 for several months.  I will come home and when I turn on wifi it would connect to my wifi that I connected with the password months ago.  Suddenly it will no connect and here I am 10 days til the end of my month and I'm at the top of my data usage now.  My home wifi doesn't give me the chance to sign on since I'm already "signed on".  Anyone else have this problem?  I don't know what to do.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Have you tried selecting "Forget this network" in the WiFi settings on the iPhone and adding the WiFi network again?

0 Likes
maxine1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try this tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

maxine1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did this and it did not solve the problem.  Said it cannot connect to wifi, not that the password was incorrect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@maxine1231,

Let's get your phone acting right and connecting to your home WiFi! I know connecting to your WiFi is a great way to manage your data allowance so I can imagine how inconvenient this must be for you.

You mentioned you already tried forgetting the WiFi connection and you still unable to connect because you're getting a message that the password is incorrect. Have you recently changed the WiFi password? Do you have another devices connected to that WiFi? Are you able to connect your phone  to other WiFi connections?

I'm sure we can get this resolved in no time.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
maxine1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Comcast and they did something to the signal coming in.  I was then able to sign on.  Thank you

0 Likes