Why did I get a network update request for my iPhone 5S today?
antoniogonzalez04

Today I got an alert asking if I wanted to accept a Verizon network update on my iPhone 5s.  Did anyone else get this alert?  What is this update and what does it fix?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why did I get a network update request for my iPhone 5S today?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
azzkickur,

That is a great question! I always like to know what is being update before I do anything with my iPhone too. This link here will explain exactly what the carrier updates will do for your devices: http://vz.to/1LMa06y

Let us know if this helps out or if you have any other questions.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
azzkickur,

That is a great question! I always like to know what is being update before I do anything with my iPhone too. This link here will explain exactly what the carrier updates will do for your devices: http://vz.to/1LMa06y

Let us know if this helps out or if you have any other questions.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
  • Carrier settings updates are small files that are installed on iOS devices. The Carrier settings include updates to Access Point Names (APNs), MMS Settings, features such as tethering and default apps such as Stocks, Maps, and Weather. Having the most up to date Carrier Settings is recommended for the proper functionality of the device.
0 Likes