Why did I lose service?
eglbc

My phone recently has gone into the dreaded " No service" mode.

Ive reset network settings, power cycle, and at last hard reset. I might have a few minutes of actual service in the day, the rest is no service/searching.

Any solves?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Suddenly, No Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
eglbc,

I do appreciate all of the steps you have taken so far. We do want to get you in a properly working phone. In your last post you mentioned you did the Erase All Content on your device. iPhones have different resets you may do. At this point, I would recommend doing the restore through iTunes. The erase will not change any software issues that may have arised.

Please let us know if you notice a difference after the restore. If not, I would look at having your sim card replaced. You may do this by visiting one of our direct store locations or by having one order through customer service at 800-922-0204. These cards are free to replace.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's pump up the service eglbc. When did this start? What zip code are you in? Were there any recent updates to your phone, like a software update?
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
eglbc

im 97211 portland or.

IOS version 9.1

Started a week ago, at first spotty loss of service, now almost 100% no service. I updated my IOS software last week hoping it would resolve but it did not. Not even with a hard reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional information and all the troubleshooting you've done so far eglbc. I rely on my phone for everyday use so I completely understand how upsetting this must be for you.

I reviewed the area and all looks good. Are you having the issue only while indoors? Do you have other lines having this issue as well? Try removing the SIM card for a few minutes http://vz.to/167D9cP. Insert and retest. Keep us posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
eglbc

Sim card removal did not yeild any results, still no service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eglbc,

Thank you for the details. I know it's vital to have dependable service when you need it. I rely a great deal on my service too. It definitely makes life easier. Let's keep at this and get this resolved. Let's reset your network settings http://vz.to/1zErL4w Please test after performing this task and keep us up to date on the results.

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
eglbc

Ive reset network settings several times. Does not bring back service.

Any solutions that i havent already mentioned ive done yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eglbc,

Thank you for performing these troubleshooting steps. Our top priority is get these no service issues resolved. I know it's important to not re-do steps that have been already performed previously. You mentioned that you did a hard reset. How was this hard reset done? Have you done a device restore via iTunes?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
eglbc

Yes, the reset was done via the device according to these verizon instructions

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
eglbc,

I do appreciate all of the steps you have taken so far. We do want to get you in a properly working phone. In your last post you mentioned you did the Erase All Content on your device. iPhones have different resets you may do. At this point, I would recommend doing the restore through iTunes. The erase will not change any software issues that may have arised.

Please let us know if you notice a difference after the restore. If not, I would look at having your sim card replaced. You may do this by visiting one of our direct store locations or by having one order through customer service at 800-922-0204. These cards are free to replace.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes