Why did my phone suddenly switch to extended network?
Cwheatrn

I recently moved and had a signal up until yesterday.  Then suddenly my phone switched to Extended Network And I am not receiving calls?  My new zip code is 78852.  I can't call #48, *228 or any of those.  I get a message that the number or code I have dialed is incorrect.  Text messaging and outgoing calls work, just not incoming calls.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why did my phone suddenly switch to extended network?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very bizarre, Cwheatrn. Let's get this addressed ASAP. What zip code did you move to? Are you able to make calls? Can you send or receive messages? Please provide me with a few more details.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cwheatrn

I am now in zip code 78852.  I can send and receive messages as well as make calls.  I have turned off cellular data and can receive calls then.  If I turn it on again, calls go to VM.  I called and talked to tech support yesterday.  My incident # is 900080004009.  I am in a white area apparently.  But it is still weird that I can do something's but not receive calls unless I turn cellular data off.  Tech support sent it to theengineers and I am waiting to hear back.

Personal info removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service .

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cwheartrn

Thanks for those details! I would love to get to the bottom of this with you. In order to take a look at what's going on with the ticket that was opened, can you please send me a Direct Message? I've requested to follow you. You'll need to accept this request, follow me, and then you can send me a Direct Message.

Here's my profile: http://vz.to/1ly4msR

Here's how to Direct Message: http://vz.to/1lKLT9T

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Geanellw

I am having the same problem... got a new 5g sims card thinking that would help, call tech support had them rest phone to network... only worked for a few days not still operating on extended network. I cant make or receive calls. only txt and other communication apps. 

This is horrible. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes