Why didn't I get an Amber Alert on my device yesterday?
Jayscott68
Enthusiast - Level 3

There was an Amber Alert in my area and it never broadcasted a tone on my iphone 5c and was switched to on. Why?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ambert Alert
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted Jayscott68! The Premium Messaging block can prevent the alerts from being received. You can remove the block from My Verizon by http://vz.to/1gi8nNC

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jayscott68,

Oh my! I know it's important to make sure that all alerts are working properly on your device. Is the address on your Verizon Wireless account in the same area as the alert that went out? Amber alerts are triggered by the billing address not the physical location of the device. Please make sure the alerts are set properly on the device as well http://vz.to/1bS1ZNy .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport 

0 Likes
Jayscott68
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes..in same billing address area

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Jayscott68
Enthusiast - Level 3

And my alerts are on.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the reply Jayscott68. Let's look deeper in this issue together. May I ask has the amber alert ever worked on your iPhone 5c? Also, what iOS and carrier version do you have intsalled? This info can be found in Setting > General > About. Can I assume that you are not having any issues with your text or iMessage? As you share the details then we can get this resolved.

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
Jayscott68
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for getting back to me. Both amber and emergency are set for on and never sounded since had phone , which has been since October. I have Verizon 15.5 and IOS 7.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jayscott68,

Thanks for the update! I am sorry that your alerts are not coming to your phone with a sound. Was your phone in Do Not Disturb mode when the alerts were sent? If your alerts are on and you can double check by going to Settings>Notification Center>Government Alerts>both should be green to be turned on. Please provide additional information to better address your concerns.

KarenC_VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jayscott68
Enthusiast - Level 3

Alerts were enabled and not on do not disturb.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jayscott68,

This sure is an odd situation. I am glad to see that the alerts are on. Do you have any blocks on your account for premium text messages. This can be the issue. Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
Jayscott68
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do have blocks for premium messages.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes