Why do I have poor connection on calls despite a good signal?
CurtisBlow

This occurs despite being outside my car or home.

My spouse doesn't have these issues despite having iPhone 5.

Frustrating.

Not sure how to resolve.

Anyone else have similar observations?  If so, potential solutions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Good Signal though intermittent Poor Connection on calls w/ iPhone 5S -- Insights?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Curtis,

Thank you very much for that detailed background information! It certainly rules out any network issues, and so now we know we need to identify what is going on with the phone itself. As long as there is no physical or liquid damage, I recommend replaceing the SIM card. You can pick one up for free at any of our Direct Store locations, and it may just do the trick! Check for the most convenient store location here http://bit.ly/3SdsA and let us know the results!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Good Signal though intermittent Poor Connection on calls w/ iPhone 5S -- Insights?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CurtisBlow,

Oh no, let's ensure you have the best connection and relieve the frustration. Do all your phones have issues at home? Do you have issues with data or text messages? What's your zip code? Does the service improve as you drive off? Please provide additional details.

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
CurtisBlow

Karen,

Do I reply here?

If I do, thanks for the reply on your end.

So.

A bit of background.

ZIP : 49686

I live right in the heart of Traverse City, MI.

New Verizon customer since Oct/Nov 2013.

New iPhone owner since Oct/Nov 2013.

No problems with data or text.

My wife (same account, new iPhone 5 owner) has never had an issue and I do about 25-35% of the time. 

This applies even when I know that I'm calling a land line so the issues appears to be on my end. 

Separately my father-in-law (same account, new iPhone 5 owner) who lives in the same town, has never had a problem with connectivity.

Sometimes if I just hang up and call back the issue is resolved, sometimes not.

I haven't addressed this formally yet (6 months into contract), but lately have sensed this is becoming more frequent.

I work as a physician and has lately been interfering with addressing care issues, hence my issue is now before us.

Also:

I'm making sure I'm speaking clearly and not blocking microphone.

This is an issue regardless if I have a phone case on or off.

I can hear the other party just fine in all instances.

These issues happen when I have 4-5 "bars/dots" on..assuming that I have a good cell signal.

Many thanks.

Curtis

Private info removed as required by the

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Curtis,

Thank you very much for that detailed background information! It certainly rules out any network issues, and so now we know we need to identify what is going on with the phone itself. As long as there is no physical or liquid damage, I recommend replaceing the SIM card. You can pick one up for free at any of our Direct Store locations, and it may just do the trick! Check for the most convenient store location here http://bit.ly/3SdsA and let us know the results!

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
CurtisBlow

Thanks.

Will do next week and update you.

cc 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you working with us to get your service working again, CurtisBlow. Feel free to keep us posted here if you need additional assistance.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes