Why does my device keep freezing and crashing?
JazzmineB

My iPhone 5s started acting crazy yesterday. It freezes randomly and then a minute later will unfreeze. Apps are crashing - all apps from mail to Facebook to photos...everything at one point or another is crashing. Pics are now missing from my photos, my bookmarks and favorites if I are all missing from Safari, if I text someone and leave the app then come back messages disappear.

I have turned on and off and restarted (circle button + power button) so many times and nothing is helping. At one point my background image disappeared and it went black while the phone froze then the screen went white with the apple for a second and then it came back. Do I need to call the support line or visit a store. I need a working phone and don't know how to handle this, with the least amount of headache at least.

Thanks for any help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPhone 5s apps crashing, freezing, things disappearing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those details are very helpful @JazzmineB. Let’s get this iPhone working again. I know that your iPhone has been working easy breezy up until  yesterday but based off your situation I would recommend updating to iOS 9.1. This would be the easiest way to correct the problems. Please keep us posted.
AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JazzmineB I regret to learn of the trouble you are having with your iPhone today. Not to worry we're here to help. When did all this start? Have you updated to the latest software http://vz.to/1V0gQZo yet?
AdrienneP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JazzmineB

It started yesterday. I am currently running on iOS 8.4 - not the latest. But I have been on 8.4 for the longest without any issues

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those details are very helpful @JazzmineB. Let’s get this iPhone working again. I know that your iPhone has been working easy breezy up until  yesterday but based off your situation I would recommend updating to iOS 9.1. This would be the easiest way to correct the problems. Please keep us posted.
AdrienneP_VZW

0 Likes