Why does my iPhone 5 keep randomly making calls on its own?
Shirleen
Enthusiast - Level 2

iphone 5 keeps randomly making calls on its own

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 5 keeps randomly making calls on its own.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Shirleen, We want your phone to only be controlled by you! It sounds like there may be an application or function processing on your phone that is interfering with normal operations. I appreciate your time in resetting the Network Settings. The next best step would be to fully back up and restore your phone using iTunes or iCloud. Here's a link with the steps.http://spr.ly/6584C8cY Please be sure to keep us posted on this.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Shirleen,

That's very odd! Let's see what we can find out. When did this start happening? Has anything new been added to your device recently? Is your software up to date? Please share a few details so we can assist in finding resolution. Thanks

TrevorC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Shirleen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would say it started happening shortly after the newest update. I keep my

phone up to date.

>> Personal information removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Shirleen,

Thanks for the additional details! Let's keep at this here. Do you notice it happens at a specific time of day or after using any specific app or anything on the phone? We can have you try a network reset with your phone. Follow this link for steps: http://vz.to/1HMoy5p. Let us know if it continues after trying  this reset. Thanks!
NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Shirleen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried this and it worked for a few days. Now it randomly opens a browser

and calls some one without even touching the buttons. Any more suggestions?

Shirleen

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Shirleen, We want your phone to only be controlled by you! It sounds like there may be an application or function processing on your phone that is interfering with normal operations. I appreciate your time in resetting the Network Settings. The next best step would be to fully back up and restore your phone using iTunes or iCloud. Here's a link with the steps.http://spr.ly/6584C8cY Please be sure to keep us posted on this.
TanishaS_VZW
0 Likes