Why does my my iPhone 5 use data when I am sleeping or at work?
saudisy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sometimes .5 to 1 gig of data is used at times when phone is not being used, eg. 3AM in the morning when I'm sleeping, 9AM when I'm at work and haven't used the phone all day etc., this happened until it ran up to 10 gig of data and I was charged overages.  I had to reduce plan and purchase the app to cut off data to the phone when it reached the limit of 5 gig which only took 1 week.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does my my iphone 5 use data when phone is not being used
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi saudisy - We certainly want you to get the most out your data plan and avoid unwanted usage! There are a variety of services that could be in play like email, iCloud, 3rd party applications. You can adjust which devices can use cellular data or turn off cellular data all together through Settings>Cellular. You can also adjust the sync settings for iCloud and Messages through Settings and choosing the appropriate service. I would be more than happy to troubleshoot further if needed.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsuporrt

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi saudisy - We certainly want you to get the most out your data plan and avoid unwanted usage! There are a variety of services that could be in play like email, iCloud, 3rd party applications. You can adjust which devices can use cellular data or turn off cellular data all together through Settings>Cellular. You can also adjust the sync settings for iCloud and Messages through Settings and choosing the appropriate service. I would be more than happy to troubleshoot further if needed.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsuporrt

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1