Why has 3G become so terribly slow?
Natecostal

I see threads containing instructions of how to reset the phones network settings, including removing sim card with phone off for 10 secs, from Verizon to increase speed. I have done all these things as well as looked up 3G coverage according to their maps to be sure I am listed within coverage area. When I am in or around Memphis I get horrible 3G coverage and speed. A lot of the time it shows up as 1x speed even though I should be 100% covered here. Doesn't matter if I am inside or outside a building, same results. Also where I live in north MS it shows up 3G but speed is still terrible. Here is the results in a major city:

Capture.GIFCoverage.GIF

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why has 3G become so terribly slow?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to keep you at top speed, Natecostal! Does the device ever show 4G LTE? Does the performance vary during different times of day?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Tgh84

I'm having the exact same problem.  I have the Galaxy S5, I'm a truck driver and got Verizon because of the supposed incredible coverage. Verizon has good coverage but their 4g is no where near what they claim, I'd be fine with 3g however when I'm on 3g data is just not usable. It doesn't matter what state I'm in, I've been all over the country, once my phone hits 3g I know it's unusable,  for instance it just took 20 minutes to download a 5meg app, it takes Web pages minutes to load and half the time they just time out.  It is getting ridiculous and I'm about to just switch to At&t and see if things work better. 3g was never this slow back before 4g existed, hell I've used my phone as a hotspot and gamed from computer online with 3g back in the day.   But on verizon I can't even load simple Web pages,  come on, paying this amount of money for this is insane.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tgh84,

We want to make sure that you are getting top speeds no matter where you are in the country. I know how important it is to have a good working device while on the road. Since you have had the Galaxy S5 have you been able to power the device down and remove the sim card for a good 10-15 seconds? Then after that place everything back together and re-try the network? Please kee us posted after you have tested this out.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes