Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why hasn't my iPhone 5 16GB Black shipped yet? I ordered on the 16th.
jackmb

My iPhone 5 still hasn't shipped yet.

I ordered on the 16th for the 16GB Black model and I haven't had any updates since then.

It still says 'we received your order and it is in process' for a delivery/ship date of October 5.

Everyone else I know has had their iPhone 5 shipped today and yesterday (even people who ordered days after I did)

Verizon, I only want to give you my money, but you have to let me okay?

So what's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why hasn't my iPhone 5 16GB Black shipped yet? I ordered on the 16th.
Not applicable

On Apple Rumors, and here, a lot of people getting phones today, ordered 9/14 late in the day.  I ordered 9/14 @ 8:45pmCT, and got an email delivery date of 9/28 originally, and they came close to not meeting it I found out on Wednesday (looking as if it might be 10/2), but they came through with overnight shipping to meet the original delivery date.

That weekend of the 9/14-9/16, the dates changed drastically.  Even people ordering on the same day, an hour apart, may have widely different dates.  I know it's not what you want to hear, but it could be your friends were exceptions and not the bulk of the orders.

One way I tracked when I should see something, was via Apple Rumors and this website - most of the time someone was mentioning when they ordered their phone (date and time) and I could start getting a feel for when my order would be up.

The only way to get a dependable hint when your order is about to ship, is to watch your credit card pending activity on line.  This is what happened:

9/14 8:45pm CT:  completed online order

9/14 8:51pm CT:  got email confirmation with delivery date 9/28

9/26 3p to 5p CT:  credit card pending charge showed up for full order amount; online status changed (tracking blank)

9/27 5:26am CT:  got shipment notification email with tracking info and carrier for 9/28 delivery

9/28 10:15am CT:  phone package put in my hands by FedEx driver

There are also rumors that Apple is having trouble with fulfilling orders as fast as they come in because of the new phone screens (the design is way different).

I wish I had some better info, but one thing some have done, if you can handle the financial shuffling, some have gotten lucky and found some local stock available (despite rumors, so far, everyone is saying they don't have anything - I'm in the 3rd largest city in the US, and they don't).  They said they cancelled their orders and went and got the phone off the shelf.  What I haven't heard, if those are unlocked for all carriers, or just what.  I know Verizon's is.  Anyway, I encourage you to take a deep breathe, think about the pros and cons of your choices, then hang in there.  I promise it will be worth it.

0 Likes
jackmb

I haven't been charged yet and I do not really have the option of cancelling (I am not buying the iPhone, my dad is and doesn't want to cancel)

It is just frustrating that everyone else (even people who ordered many days after me) have already have gotten their tracking numbers and everything and I am left in the dark with absolutely NO updates at all.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just curious if your friends ordered through Verizon, or Apple?  Apple has access of course to more phones (it's their perogative) - if that's the case, that could be why?   I've heard Apple is giving some very good status updates (which I think helps things over time).

You won't get any updates until they charge your credit card.  That will be the first activity they do, when they get to your order.  Between then and your order time, you won't see a hint of anything from Verizon.  Even the reps can't see anything until Apple sends over the info the night before the email ship notification goes out.

Sorry...

0 Likes
jackmb

No, we are all buying from Verizon. They are from macrumors.com (the people who have theirs shipped before mine)

I just really want mine to at least get some sort of tracking number. I think I have waited long enough.

Why are you sorry? It's not your fault. It's Verizon's and Apple's fault.

Does Apple/Verizon ship/update tracking and stuff during the weekend?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I said I was "Sorry" because I know what I was saying wasn't better info.  Not sorry because I thought it was my fault.

I'm not sure about the weekend updates.  You could go back through Rumors to deduce some patterns - did anyone get deliveries or tracking notices on Monday 9/24?   It's just one weekend, and knowing the corporate world as I do, be careful to keep in mind the slight possibility that if they processed stuff that weekend, was it an exception because of a Friday launch date??

From what I saw, they were processing 9/14 orders all this week.  But I wasn't looking for anything other than my order timeframe to get a clue about my order processing.

Just keep looking...you'll start seeing a pattern of a LOT of people on the blogs, and not just on Rumors, for your date and order time, and order processing.  It would only speculation after that.

0 Likes
jackmb

Argh, another day with no updates.

If a Verizon customer rep could post here it would be very helpful..

0 Likes
vreihen

Is it 10/5 yet?  What is there to comment on?

If it will make you feel any better, I ordered my black 16GB on 9/15 at around noon eastern.  Promised delivery date was also 10/5.  The status went from "in process" to shipped Thursday afternoon (9/27), and it arrived yesterday (9/28) via FedEx from West Chester, PA.  (If you want to add additional variables, I paid full retail and ordered both a case and screen protector package with the phone.)  I was a day ahead of you in line, and mine just shipped.

My gut feeling is that Verizon is using multiple warehouses or fulfillment centers around the country to ship phones from, and some of them are shipping faster than others.  On the west coast, they may already be shipping 9/17 orders.  Here in the northeast, they are still working through 9/15 orders as of last Thursday.  Be patient until 10/5.....

0 Likes
danielle42

I am in the same boat as you, ordered on the 16th and haven't received any updates and I still haven't been charged for it.

0 Likes
jackmb

What is your model?

0 Likes