Why is my iPhone 5s using data when it is suppose to be connected to wifi?
jruddy

not sure what the issue is.  would appreciate any and all help.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My iPhone 5s is using data when it is suppose to be connected to wifi.
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

1. I brainwork that it may be the same issue that we are having with my wife's iPhone 5c 8GB, plus a ton of other iPhone 5c users. You will probability get a lot of replies telling you to adjust the settings on your iPhone. Which would help if you have not done so already.

2. However, I was able to get a Verizon Rep to tell me that it is just because of the nature of the iPhone. When the iPhone goes into a dormant status, it will disconnect from the Wi-Fi, and reconnect with the cellular usage. But I do not know for sure if this is true, or not. Nevertheless, it makes more senses than most of the other answers that I have gotten.  .....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your iPhone is using data when its should be connected to wifi jruddy. When you do you notice its not connected to wifi?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

1. I brainwork that it may be the same issue that we are having with my wife's iPhone 5c 8GB, plus a ton of other iPhone 5c users. You will probability get a lot of replies telling you to adjust the settings on your iPhone. Which would help if you have not done so already.

2. However, I was able to get a Verizon Rep to tell me that it is just because of the nature of the iPhone. When the iPhone goes into a dormant status, it will disconnect from the Wi-Fi, and reconnect with the cellular usage. But I do not know for sure if this is true, or not. Nevertheless, it makes more senses than most of the other answers that I have gotten.  .....

0 Likes
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

Here is a web site that might, or might not, help you.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/09/fix-ios-8-wifi-problems.html

0 Likes