Why is there is no service while traveling abroad?
hyperbanshee

I had called Verizon 611 service and spoke to a customer service representative prior to my trip abroad to Hong Kong.  When I arrived, my phone is connected to CSL but I have no cell service, nor internet connection despite having added the Global Data Plan for $25 up to 100mb of data, and being assured that I will have voice and text messaging.  The only service I have is text messaging, while incurring 5 cents for texts received, and 50 cents for outgoing texts.  I also received texts upon arrival that I would be incurring fees while roaming. 

I had called as I had learned my lesson while traveling to Mexico a month ago.  I had also added the Global Data plan but it didn't matter.  I was still incurring fees and my cell phone bill was double what it normally is, even thought I limited my data usage, and only made one phone call while it was on roaming.  I had mentioned this to the customer service representative while I had called prior to my trip to Hong Kong, and asked if there was anything that could be done for me.  She added the Global Data plan feature, but didn't do anything for me in retrospect. 

Meantime, I am in Hong Kong with a useless phone and an added $25 fee on my monthly bill that I am not using.  Verizon, please advise.  I am contacting you this way as there is no email address, the live chat support line is not active (even though it is during EST business hours) and I do not wish to incur more fees on the phone on international long distance from Hong Kong. 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is there is no service while traveling abroad?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello hyperbanshee,

Help is just a post away! It will be my pleasure to get your services working properly for you. I took the liberty to send you a follow request. If you can send me a private message so we can take a look internally and customize a solution for you. I’m looking forward to your reply.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hyperbanshee

Is this the way to send a private message?  This system is not very intuitive. Thanks.

0 Likes
irolyug

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I am having a difficult time in reaching Verizon to obtain support while traveling abroad.

I purchased a data and voice plan prior to leaving the US.  The service worked fine until today -- when all of a sudden, I had no roaming or ability to make a call.  The  most disappointing aspect of this experience is that I have not been able to reach anyone at Verizon via the online chat.  [I purchased internet service via my hotel -- unfortunately, the online chat does not appear to be staffed by Verizon, even though I have attempted to chat during the available hours that are posted.]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

irolyug,

Oh no! We never like to hear that you are in distress while traveling abroad. The chat icon is available if there is an agent that is available to chat with you. We do apologize if you are having any issues with contacting us. We do encourage you to reach out to our Global Support team with our free calling card http://vz.to/17KseUf

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes