Why preorder If you have to wait anyway?
thai1

I ordered an Iphone 5 on Sept 14 and was given an approx delivery date of Sept 28. This is my first time ordering an Iphone. Is it normal for it to take so long? If so why preorder? Just curios.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why preorder If you have to wait anyway?
maya0630
Contributor - Level 3

it is absolutely normal. Just look at the current ship date for the iPhone as of today. If you have not preordered, your current ship date would be October 19 with a very high possibility of that ship date increasing within the next few days. Last year, when the iPhone 4S came out, the ship dates were almost a month later.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
maya0630
Contributor - Level 3

it is absolutely normal. Just look at the current ship date for the iPhone as of today. If you have not preordered, your current ship date would be October 19 with a very high possibility of that ship date increasing within the next few days. Last year, when the iPhone 4S came out, the ship dates were almost a month later.

0 Likes
thai1

Thank you maya

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Because not everyone had to wait...a lot of people received their iPhone on the 21st. You have to remember that millions of people preordered...so it really just depends on what time you ordered and how many managed to complete their order before you. The later some ordered, the later they will end up getting their iPhone...and those that order now (if they took the chance yesterday that a local retailer would have them and they ended up selling out) will have an even longer wait. It does tend to do that with each iPhone (and I believe iPad) release, which is why so many get up or stay up until the preorder starts...jockeying for that 1st wave of shipments position. I actually got mine on the 21st....which was a little later than expected based on previous iPhone preorder experience where I received it 2 or 3 days before it was officially launched in store. It really just points to the global popularity of the iPhone despite the anti-iPhone sentiment of  those (some) that prefer Android devices or just don't care for Apple and their products period.

0 Likes