Why won't my device sync to my car for texting?
ShelbyC66

My new iPhone 5c won't sync to my new car for text messaging, it does for phone calls.  And, initially the very first time it set up with the car the day I bought the phone it did, it was reading text to me and they were showing up on the screen in the car, but now it says that it's not compatible for some reason.  I did a software update on the phone that came through the night I bought the phone and am wondering if that caused the issue?  And, if so can it be fixed?  My phone calls, speed dial all connect to the car just fine.  Just not text.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My new iPhone 5c text message/car issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ShelbyC66 lets make sure that we keep safety first! Often times when there is a software update the enhancements cause difficulty with other devices and apps since they are not equipped for the changes. In effort to correct this, I would recommend contacting the dealership to inform them of this issue so that they can work towards a fix.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My new iPhone 5c text message/car issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ShelbyC66 lets make sure that we keep safety first! Often times when there is a software update the enhancements cause difficulty with other devices and apps since they are not equipped for the changes. In effort to correct this, I would recommend contacting the dealership to inform them of this issue so that they can work towards a fix.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes