Why won't my phone make or receive phone calls?
ivymarie1217
Enthusiast - Level 1

it will send and receive text messages and emails and everything like that; however, calls won't work. The calls won't even connect when I try to make them and when someone calls me it goes straight to voicemail. It also shows that I don't have any bars of service (all of the little circles are empty) Even though I have someone under the same account next to me with full bars of service. I have tried resting the network settings to no avail so what should I do?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone will not make or receive phone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ivymarie1217,

We do want to get you up and running properly! Calls are very important to be able to make. Have you tried removing your sim card yet? This link will show you how: http://vz.to/1RRgtS9

Another recommendation would be to try Reset Network Settings. You will not lose anything major like contacts or pictures. Will just be a minor reset. The link here will walk you thorugh how to do the reset: http://vz.to/1FCm9J5

ChristinaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When you're sending and receiving text messages are you on Wi-Fi? Are you using iMessage or Message+? It sounds like you have a bad SIM card, which can be replaced for free from a Verizon Corporate store.

You could also try powering down your device, removing the SIM card and reinstalling.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We don't want this type of experience for you! What happens when you try to call out? Does it provide an error message? Are other Verizon wireless customers experiencing the same issue?

BobbyN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ivymarie1217
Enthusiast - Level 1

So when I am on WiFi I can receive texts, but I can also receive them outside of WiFi without issue I always use iMessage, because honestly I didn't really know there was another option. When I make phone calls I have yet to see and error message it just says calling under the phone number and never switches to the timer you get when you are in a phone call. None of the other people in my house, who are all on the same Verizon plan as me are experiencing this issue. Occasionally, where it says Verizon on the notification bar it changes to a number code and I am not sure what those numbers are or what they mean at all.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

My bet is still on the SIM card, less sure because text work off of Wi-Fi, but they are free to replace and it seems like a good place to start.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ivymarie1217,

We do want to get you up and running properly! Calls are very important to be able to make. Have you tried removing your sim card yet? This link will show you how: http://vz.to/1RRgtS9

Another recommendation would be to try Reset Network Settings. You will not lose anything major like contacts or pictures. Will just be a minor reset. The link here will walk you thorugh how to do the reset: http://vz.to/1FCm9J5

ChristinaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my phone make or receive phone calls?
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes