Wifi constantly disconnecting & unable to join network
dannalacaze

For the past week, my iPhone 5 and iPad keeps disconnecting from wifi and immediately tries to reconnect seconds later. It's all the time. It stays disconnected more than it stays on wifi. I don't think it's a router issue, since my laptop and other devices are working fine. It's only happening with Apple products?! Everything is up to date, powered off for a while, "forgot the network", reset settings, etc. Nothing is working! Anyone else having this issue? When I do try to connect I get the "unable to join network" message... but then a few seconds later it may work (for a few seconds). So frustrating!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi constantly disconnecting & unable to join network
Not applicable

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

Try the above link.

Good Luck

0 Likes
dannalacaze

Thanks for your reply...

Unfortunately, I've tried all of those options, and it still doesn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you doing the steps Elector has provided. Have you been able to try the phone when using a different WiFi connection?
I find it very interesting that you only notice it with the Apple products. What software version do you have on both devices?
Since this still disconnects, we recommend resetting the network settings
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Has this been done?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dannalacaze

Hello,

Yes, I recently tried at two different locations with wifi. One location worked, the other did not. Both places were "stored" in my settings and I tried "forget the network" and signing back in. One location stayed connected after that, the other did not. The software is up to date, I'm guessing the 7.0.4? I update soon after the new release is available. As mentioned in the original post, I have tried resetting the network settings.

Thank you for your reply...I'm currently just using up my data at home since I cannot connect to wifi. 😕

0 Likes
Not applicable

Can you try this. Either borrow or buy another wireless router and see if you can get off of that cellular data.

The reason why I say this is that by the time you pay for all that data overage you can afford a top of the line new A-C Router.

And if you don't want to replace your home router/modem I would turn off the broadband modem and wireless router and your cell phone, turn the modem on first and let it cycle up, then do the same for your wireless router. Then turn on your cell phone and let it scan for home WiFi. If found and you can connect OK then problem solved.

Another trick I use on my wireless networks is to assign an IP address to each device on my networks. You do this in your wireless routers settings. To access your router look at the documents that came with your device or online manufacturer web site.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dannalacaze,

Thanks for taking the necessary steps to further test out the connection issue. Based on the information provided, since your device is able to stay connected to one Wi-Fi connection and not the other, it appears the issue may possibly be on the routers end.

Try resetting the router to see if this helps or contact that service provider to see if they are having any issues with the internet connections with certain types of devices.

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
Jermdog

I am having these same issues. I've replaced my router, and modem at home and it still does it. All my wifi items stay connected except both mine and my wife's iphones bounce off and on the wifi. my neighbors verizon ipad does the same thing. The only apple product in my house that doesn't bounce off and on  the wifi is the ipod. I have a 5s with os 8.02 and my wife has the 5c with os 8.02

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jermdog, we don't want this be an ongoing issue for you. Try removing that Wi-Fi connection in Settings and then reset the network on your Apple devices by tapping Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
JOSSOL29

I had the same problem with dropped wifi and this simple fix worked for me.

After you choose the wifi connection you want, press the "i"or information next to the wifi name and scroll down to "http proxy" and put it on auto

hope this works for you !

cheers

0 Likes