Will I lose my unlimited date plan if...
KM536986

....I simply switch to a 4G LTE device?

I am currently using a family members upgrade in order to switch to the iPhone 5. I am not upgrading on my account because I don't have an upgrade. I am simply switching phones. So will I still lose my unlimited data plan? The policy states that customers upgrading to a 4G LTE device will lose their plan. But again, I'm not actually upgrading...just transferring my number to a a new device.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will I lose my unlimited date plan if...
anthonyb861
Contributor - Level 2

If you use someone else's upgrade an not your own then you would keep your unlimited data plan. All you have to do Is avoid renewing a 2 yr contract on your unlimited data account. Should be fine

View solution in original post

0 Likes
anthonyb861
Contributor - Level 2

If you use someone else's upgrade an not your own then you would keep your unlimited data plan. All you have to do Is avoid renewing a 2 yr contract on your unlimited data account. Should be fine

0 Likes
KM536986

That's what "logical me" thought. But knowing how Verizon (or any phone company) loves to screw customers, I get the feeling they will still try to tell me I have to go to a 2GB/month plan. Hopefully not though. Thanks!

0 Likes
anthonyb861
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah best to call and make sure with them

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

For a while there was some confusion as to whether one could go from 3G to LTE and keep unlimited, but the answer is yes. You will not lose unlimited if you already have a smartphone unlimited plan and are not using an upgrade. Enjoy your iP5. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there KM536986 and community!

Getting the new iPhone 5 is super exciting! This would be considered "providing your own equipment" if you bring the phone from an outside source, such as another account.

This means you will not lose your Unlimited Data plan.  Keep in mind that the warranty provided through us directly doesn't transfer, but Apple still provides warranty for the year you have the phone. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes