Will my old iPhone function as a wi-fi device?
Milne

If I get a new iPhone can will the old iPhone fiction as a wi-fi device?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I get a new iPhone can will the old iPhone fiction as a wi-fi device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Milne, that is actually a fantastic question. Getting a new phone is always fun. The good news is that you would be able to connect your old iPhone to a Wi-Fi network after the new phone is activated. That should be no problem at all. If the phone is not going to be in use you can always trade it in to get a Verizon Wireless gift card as well. You can always check the value of your iPhone by following this link: http://spr.ly/6581Bu8PJ I hope that this was helpful information. Please keep us posted if you have any other questions or concerns.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Milne, that is actually a fantastic question. Getting a new phone is always fun. The good news is that you would be able to connect your old iPhone to a Wi-Fi network after the new phone is activated. That should be no problem at all. If the phone is not going to be in use you can always trade it in to get a Verizon Wireless gift card as well. You can always check the value of your iPhone by following this link: http://spr.ly/6581Bu8PJ I hope that this was helpful information. Please keep us posted if you have any other questions or concerns.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is absolutely doable - my daughter upgraded (a while ago) from an iPhone 4 to a 5C - and now her kids (toddlers) use the 4 on wifi for games, videos, and other stuff. 

0 Likes