Will my phone work in Puerto Rico?
NBomba

I didn't know if the iPhone 5s will work in Puerto Rico or not, does any one know if Verizon is equipped to pick up signal there?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Will my phone work in Puerto Rico?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A trip to Puerto Rico sounds amazing! The iPhone 5S will work in certain areas of Puerto Rico. Go to vzw.com/map to view coverage. Additionally, you are billed domestic rates while traveling in Puerto Rico. It would be covered under your current plan.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

TacoPerez

I am in Michigan and have the phone text and data plan.  I am leaving for puerto rico tomorrow.   I saw all the blogs and there are conflicting messages about Verizon coverage in Puerto Rico.

I just did the chat and was told that the texting is covered in my plan.  If I want phone and data I will have to pay to activate those plans.  So even if the phone or jet pack. IT WILL BE EXTRA if I use them there.

So if you're interested in service there, that is one thing.  If your usage there is covered, that is another.  Check before you go so that you will nm other be overwhelmed with the big bI'll after.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would love to ease your mind so you can enjoy your trip while you are in Puerto Rico, TacoPerez.

vzw.com/tripplanner

Your calls will be as though you are here in the US. Data is going to be at global roaming rates and there is no data plan that we can add for you. WiFi is recommended if you can do that. I hope the Trip Planner link is helpful.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
monami

my iPhone 5s had no service for the whole staying of 6 days...lots of other people at the resort that had iPhone 5s and 6 with verizon were in the same situation as me. my bf's iPhone 4 with verizon, worked with no problem. it doesn't make sense.

0 Likes
monami

that's that i have been told but i had no service? why all newer phones iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 had no service while iPhone 4 holders had service?

Thank you

0 Likes
drakewooduck

similar experience in Puerto Rico.  My Iphone 6S works with extended but poorly at best, my Wife's iphone 6 will no work, "no service",.  I have tried all the tricks, carrier settings, reset network settings, toggle, voice, data, cdma on/off and restart.   I can not the 6 to do anything with the cellular data connection.  I was on the phone with Verizon tech for 45 minutes recemending the same steps.   There has to be some difference but not sure the tech's know what it is or what to do about it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drakewooduck - We want to ensure that your wife's device work whenever traveling into a roaming area. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with this issue. There have been some instances identified by Apple with the iphone 6 and 6 plus models where roaming services did not work after updating to iOS 9. It is recommended to restore the device via iTunes when this occurs. The device can be backed up via iTunes as follows:  http://apple.co/1IfthtF and restored accordingly http://apple.co/1Oxcgmp.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lisaray

No it won't work. It only worked with wifi connection. I was just there. It is very disappointing.

0 Likes