Wireless Printing to HP Officejet 6500 E709n
Edty

I reciently changed from Droid to Iphone 5.

Using droid mobil hot spot I could connect wirelessly to my computers and my printer HP Officejet 6500 E709n.

With the Iphone 5 hot spot I can connect to my computers but with the HP printed I can see the modem during the wireless set up

but when I enter the WPA Passphrase it will not connect. I get an error print out from the HP noting, MAC address filtering may be enabled on the wireless router (I Phone5) This can prevent you HP printer from connecting to the wireless network during setup. Temperoraly disable the MAC Address filtering on the wireless router then run wireless network setup to configure the printer.

Anyone have a fix to this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless Printing to HP Officejet 6500 E709n
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Edty,

Congratulations! on your recent iPhone 5 purchase. I know its important that your printer work with your new device. I want to help. I checked on HP website, and it appears a software update possibly needs to be installed on you printer from HP. I have included that should help get this issue resolved http://bit.ly/14tGLmE . Have a great day!

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsuspport

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Printing to HP Officejet 6500 E709n
Not applicable

With an iphone the native printing is built in. no set up per se except your iphone has to be on the home network which you connect to via your settings then click on wifi then it will search for your home network. If you see your home network ssid then click it then on connect. if it has a pass phrase it will request it, then it will connect.

When you are looking at a web page or an email on the iphone you need only click on the circular arrow. Select print and then select the wireless printer from the selections found. in my house I use an hp D410a All in one and a new Canon Pixma 3220 which is set up on my home network. I select the printer I want and it prints via air print .

You do not need an HP Printing app for the Apple iPhone. As long as you have set up the HP Printer or any wireless printer to your network the iPhone will print to it. No special drivers are necessary.

Hope that helped? if not post back.

0 Likes