Would someone please inform me why even though I ordered my iPhone 5 on the 14th of September, where the confirmation told me that I would receive it on the 28th of September, my "Order Status" now informs me that it will not ship until October 19th?
leisabee

Would someone please inform me why even though I ordered my iPhone 5 on the 14th of September, where the confirmation told me that I would receive it on the 28th of September, my "Order Status" now informs me that it will not ship until October 19th?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Would someone please inform me why even though I ordered my iPhone 5 on the 14th of September, where the confirmation told me that I would receive it on the 28th of September, my "Order Status" now informs me that it will not ship until October 19th?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Leisabee!

I am so excited for you to get your iPhone 5. I know how eager we all are to have this phone!  I know you mentioned you ordered on 9/14, did you receive a confirmation letter by chance?

You can also check your order status here: http://bit.ly/rqEisu

That is really just right around the corner and time will fly by! I promise.  If you have any other questions, just let us know!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Would someone please inform me why even though I ordered my iPhone 5 on the 14th of September, where the confirmation told me that I would receive it on the 28th of September, my "Order Status" now informs me that it will not ship until October 19th?
waylonrobert

Have you called Customer Service? There are supply issues for sure - Apple currently is not able to produce these fast enough. Even orders from Apple's site have extended a few weeks.

0 Likes
anthonyb861
Contributor - Level 2

Has your payment even taken out? Or did you have a security deposit to pay perhaps?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Barring any issues with your payment method or a deposit required it is probably because of the high demand for the iPhone 5. A simple internet search or even checking your local retailers will show you pretty quickly that the iPhone 5 is pretty difficult to get your hands on right now. You can contact CS as suggested and see if they can possibly give you a reason as to why things changed but try not to get too upset if you notice poor CS experiences...they seem to be the norm right now (and often during big device launches this tends to be true).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Leisabee!

I am so excited for you to get your iPhone 5. I know how eager we all are to have this phone!  I know you mentioned you ordered on 9/14, did you receive a confirmation letter by chance?

You can also check your order status here: http://bit.ly/rqEisu

That is really just right around the corner and time will fly by! I promise.  If you have any other questions, just let us know!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes