Wrong number on activation new iphone 5
stevenweber1

So my dad had two phones. one of witch he doesn't use anymore and was available for an upgrade so i used it to purchase the iphone 5. it came in the mail today and we were told by a Verizon rep last week NOT to turn it on when we got it. To call first and get the lines switched. We did so, my mom told the guy on the phone the whole story and he said no problem, got the lines switched and gave us the green light to turn it on and activate it. We then hung up and i made sure my old Droid 2 didn't work no more. I made a call and it said verizon # was disconnected, perfect, i was then sure the lines had been switched. So i turn on my iphone 5 to see a screen that says please confirm this number for activation....it was still my dad's old number and not my number. I checked on My Verizon account and it says MY number is attached to the iphone 5 NOT my dad's yet the iphone still says its my dads number for confirmation. So my old phone is disconnected, and the new iphone is still trying to hook up to my dad's old number. What should i do here?! I haven't done  anything as of now. I just powered the device down for now. HELP ME!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wrong number on activation new iphone 5
stevenweber1

Seriously?! even though it says online thats its tied to my number? would syncinc to itunes help or anything?! I need a phone this weekend

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

24 hours since activation or does the device need to be active for 24 hours on the origional upgraded line?

0 Likes
stevenweber1

When i turn on the phone it said. Please wait a few minutes while we activate your phone and then 3 seconds later it asks me to confirm the number, which is the wrong one. Does that help my situation at all? since i havent confirmed?

0 Likes
stevenweber1

ok i think i get it. I think it would probably be best to just take it into the store at this point and let them handle it correct?

0 Likes
radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

the same happened to me as well and was confused,but since i activated the device on verizonwireless web site I accepted the terms and conditions and the device was activated on the correct #.

0 Likes
rara105
Contributor - Level 1

Factory reset the phone. then go back through the activation set up.

0 Likes
rara105
Contributor - Level 1

If the account reads that the iphone is under his number but the phone is showing the original. a factory reset will fix the problem cause It will wipe out the number and allow the phone to activate on the line it was supposed to. Make sure when you do this that your other phone is turned off. both on at the same times causes hiccups in the system.

0 Likes
rara105
Contributor - Level 1

If the phone is showing on that line the sim is on that line. Phones do not register on accounts unless the sim is on it. It's showing the other number due to the phone registering the original programming. So yes a factory reset would work in this case. Cause it will force it to take off the current programming and allow it to use the line it is actually on.

0 Likes
rara105
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes