Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Xfinity app burning up data? 3 GB in 1 hour?
RickeyRick

Have had my iPhone 5s for about 1-1/2 years now and have never went over my data.  Was on 2GB plan before adding a 2nd line for my parents and bumped it up to 4GBs.  I have streamed Netflix on my phone from time to time and had no issues with going over my data.  Have my notifications turned on and I am alerted when I hit 75% and 90% usage.  Will sometimes try and burn up the majority of data right before my billing cycle and as stated I have never ever went over.

Missed the Walking Dead Sunday night and opted to stream it on my phone yesterday via Xfinity TV GO app.  My billing cycle completed on the 18th so yesterday morning I was sitting at a brand new 0 GB used.  Streamed the episode I missed and started a 2nd one when I got my 75% data used notification. I immediately stopped the app, closed it using home button and even went step further into Settings and disabled it from using cellular data.

Somehow in a bit over 1 hour I had burned up 3 GBs of my brand new data.  Double checked on Verizon site and it all came from my phone yesterday morning.  Tried Chat with Verizon and got nowhere with this problem.  Was given a free 1 GB data bump but have no answer on how 1 hour of use suddenly became 3 GB of data.

Is there a policy change with Verizon?  Is the Comcast Xfinity app a data hog?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes