battery
Galloway

Battery discharges quickly

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: battery
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Depending on how long you have had it or what is using up the battery it's possible that you may need to replace the battery. If you've had it longer than a year and you don't have AppleCare you may need to consider replacing the battery yourself. If you have some other insurance it might be cheaper to pay for the battery replacement versus the insurance deductible. But first you need to determine if there is just a settings issue that is contributing to your battery drainage. Or if certain apps are doing it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the most out of your battery Galloway. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. When did this issue begin? Do you have the latest software on your device? About how long does the battery last if it is fully charged?
RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Galloway

Just found your message. It started back in February, went to Russell Cellular wireless store & they told me to take it up with Apple.  When I did that I found out something interesting, my phone that I thought was new, was actually a phone that had been activated 3 months earlier and therefore I only had 9 mths warranty instead of the 12.

Apple tech helped me reset phone back to original settings. This has not helped.  Phone discharges ever 4 hours

so I pretty much keep it on a charger.  I wonder if I can get my old phone I had with AT&T, (which I am a DA for

leaving) for it stays charged for 3 days?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you originally purchased from an Authorized Retailer versus a Corporate Verizon Store. I would get some info from Apple showing that the phone was activated prior to your purchase date and go back to the store you originally purchased from. You were sold a used device as new and that should be addressed.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

And no....you won't be able to get your old phone back unfortunately. Once you trade it in you can't get it back.

Galloway

I've still got my phone & it's way better than the one I got from Verizon, just wonder if I can switch service to it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Oh thought you meant you traded it since you asked if you could get it back. Depends on if your old phone is unlocked and compatible with Verizon. Problem is that only the LTE portion might work since AT&T phones don't have CDMA. Just something to consider.

0 Likes