cannot send a text message to an email since IOS 7
asjmb

Myy husband and I each have had IPhone 5 for over 2 years. I recently upgraded mine for IOS 7 (his is still 6 and will remain there). Before this "upgrade" he could send a text message to my email for archiving and printing purposes and I could also send or forward a text to my email. Since my IOS7 change all text sent to my email end up in my text message area. I want to receive these as email as mentioned above.

I CAN receive emails on my live (hotmail) email and also on my husband's email account that I pick up. But nothing sent to the Verizon email account with my name which goes to text when sent from text.

Is there an app or something I can do so that when someone sends a text message to my email , it will arrive in my email? Or must I continue to receive it on another person's account name?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cannot send a text message to an email since IOS 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello asjmb! I can certainly help you solve this mystery! It sounds as though you may have your iMessages set to receive emails as well. You can go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, and remove the email account that you do not want to receive in this format.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: cannot send a text message to an email since IOS 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello asjmb! I can certainly help you solve this mystery! It sounds as though you may have your iMessages set to receive emails as well. You can go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, and remove the email account that you do not want to receive in this format.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes