cant send mms on iphone 5
shizman

hi need some guidance. i recently switched from t mobile to Verizon. n i had the iPhone 4 factory unlocked and i just got the iPhone 5. for some odd reason i cant receive or send any mms. i hoping someone can guide me how i can fix this issue as soon as possible thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cant send mms on iphone 5
BabyBluE74
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was also having the same issue. I received my iPhone 5 almost a week ago and after a few days I noticed that I couldn't send or recieve MMS from people that don't have an iPhone/iMessage. After doing my own list of trouble shooting and then contacting Verizon Tech Support and them basically repeating the trouble shooting steps I had already done myself, ultimately it lead to me doing a complete reset of my phone (Erase all Content and Settings). Now here is where I believe the problem is. I restored my iPhone 5 from a back up of my previous iPhone4 that was on the AT&T network which has different settings and which somehow changed the MMS setting for Verizon. I believe iMessage uses data and that is how picture messages were able to go through to other iphone users.

So basically I had to go into settings--->General---->Reset----->Erase all Content and Settings and then set it up as a new phone without storing from my previous back up which would put me back into same position. Again, this is because I restored a back up from my last iPhone that was set to AT&T settings and porting my number over didn't seem to be the issue at all.

The only issue now is to manually replace the content(pictures,apps ect) that I had previously.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did you port your number over? You might need to contact VZW to make sure there isn't something on their end that needs to be done.

0 Likes
shizman

yes i did switch my number over. ok thanks ill call and check. n get back to you here

0 Likes
Jamesb93612

We are having the same exact issue! We ported from TMobile as well.

0 Likes
photoguy190

I got a brand new account with two phones, my wifes works I can't send MMS I can send iMessages however spent 2 hours at Verizon this morning and they couldn't fix it. Wondering if I should have switched.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I just sent 2 mms messages (one as an iMessage) with no trouble. Did they try resetting your phone or even checking your account to make sure there were no issues on their end?

0 Likes
photoguy190

Yea its got to be on there end, I've down two full restores, they changed the sim card. Its messed up on the account end, pretty frustrated. Maybe I shouldn't have switched

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried calling VZW tech support? If the people at the location you went to had no clue what they were really doing (it would seem that way if they didn't offer to replace your device...even if they didn't have one in stock they could have placed an order for it...wouldn't be an immediate fix but it would have shown some initiative)...someone at tech support over the phone may have better success.

0 Likes
photoguy190

They called tech support as well. There is a help ticket for my issue. Its around a 45 day wait for a replacement, and its not a hardware issue. So unless some one has had this problem and fixed it I'm waiting for the help ticket to go though. I'll call tech if the help ticket doesn't get it working in a couple of days.

0 Likes
photoguy190

Just got a text from Verizon confirming my text was working. He said they just had to change a setting. So it was there issue.

My suggestion if you are having this issue is to just call tech support and avoid the store, it is not an issue they have access to in store.

0 Likes