copy iphone 5 contacts to Verizon messaging
tmaher

Verizon messaging has some old contacts and I cannot find a way to copy my current contacts from my iPhone 5 (synced with Outlook) to Verizon Messaging.  I do not wish to sync iphone contcatcs with Verizon Messaging, I want to trash Verizon Messaging contacts and replace them.  Anyone knowhow to do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: copy iphone 5 contacts to Verizon messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns, Terry.

The Verizon Cloud account does not sync with the MS Cloud or iCloud account.  Syncing both may cause duplicates.  With that being said, I would recommend doing as you mentioned by copying the contact files.  The multiple syncing accounts would cause those type of issues.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tmaher,

Great question! To clarify are you looking to get rid of the old Verizon Messages contacts and then update is with the contacts that are currently stored in your iPhone? If so, the Verizon Message contacts are synced by the contacts that you have in the VZ Cloud. Do you currently have the VZ Cloud on your iPhone? http://vz.to/1zso1SD

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
tmaher

Lindsey:

Thanks for your response. I do not have a Verizon Cloud account as I have both MS Cloud accounts (One Drive) and an iCloud account. The iCloud account does an excellent job of syncing all our contacts across four IOS devices and a WIN8 computer running Outlook 365. I really would prefer not to add yet another cloud account but if the Verizon cloud account will sync the contacts WITHOUT ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS such as dropping contacts, adding duplicates, etc., I would consider it. If I cannot obtain that assurance from the Verizon cloud account, I would prefer to simply copy my contacts files periodically.

Thanks for looking at this issue.

Terry Maher

Terry Maher

Tmaher@maherfp.com<mailto:Tmaher@maherfp.com>

Phn: (425) 688-3939

Fax: (206) 888-4605

Sent from my MS Surface Pro II

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns, Terry.

The Verizon Cloud account does not sync with the MS Cloud or iCloud account.  Syncing both may cause duplicates.  With that being said, I would recommend doing as you mentioned by copying the contact files.  The multiple syncing accounts would cause those type of issues.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes