Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
does't ring randomly
Cindy9999

randomly my iPhone 5s does not ring but sends calls directly to voicemail. It is not an issue with settings because it happens randomly. I can be standing right next to the phone and it doesn't ring. I even have continuity on my iPad and the iPad doesn't rain either.  it happens even when I have a strong signal.  Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: does't ring randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hmm, that's Cindy9999 but we can definitely help you here. Please go to Settings>Do Not Disturb; please make sure Manual and Scheduled are both disabled. Test the calls to make sure they're now working and your phone is ringing. If not, then let's make sure call forwarding was not activated by pocket dial or by mistake. Call *73 and test again. Lastly, if you're still having issues go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. This will not delete any content other than your wi-fi connections. You can re-add them once the phone reboots.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: does't ring randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hmm, that's Cindy9999 but we can definitely help you here. Please go to Settings>Do Not Disturb; please make sure Manual and Scheduled are both disabled. Test the calls to make sure they're now working and your phone is ringing. If not, then let's make sure call forwarding was not activated by pocket dial or by mistake. Call *73 and test again. Lastly, if you're still having issues go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. This will not delete any content other than your wi-fi connections. You can re-add them once the phone reboots.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes