dropped calls in my house
csarac
Enthusiast - Level 2

@my phone keeps dropping calls in my house.  However, I get great service if I go up the street in either direction.  How can I get better service in my house.  I didn't have this problem with US Cellular and I don't have a home phone.  It is very frustrating to have my phone drop the call 5 time during a phone call.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: dropped calls in my house
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Csarac,

It is never good to hear a customer is having service issues inside their home.  We want to make sure you are able to use your device as expected.  For inside the home we have what is called a Network Extender.  This tool will greatly improve the signal strength inside your home.  You can view information on the Network Extender here http://vz.to/IHRT6h.

WarrenM_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Csarac,

It is never good to hear a customer is having service issues inside their home.  We want to make sure you are able to use your device as expected.  For inside the home we have what is called a Network Extender.  This tool will greatly improve the signal strength inside your home.  You can view information on the Network Extender here http://vz.to/IHRT6h.

WarrenM_VZWSupport

0 Likes
csarac
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is ridiculous that I should have to pay almost $300.00 to get better

phone service in my home, when I can get good service outside but have to

freeze my butt off to do it.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 7:23 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
csarac
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I am going to spend that kind of money, just to get service in my home,

where I DON'T CONSTANTLY DROP CALLS, then I expect Verizon to give me a

MAJOR DISCOUNT ON MY BILL FOR THE NEXT SIX MONTHS!!! If not, I am going to

the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU regarding the crappy phone service that I

get!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus I will let all my, friends, family and coworkers

know not to use Verizon. I did not get this CRAPPY OF SERVICE from US

Cellular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please respond within 3 days to let me know what Verizon is going to do to

resolve this issue or I am contacting contacting the new media to inform

them of what crappy customer service you have.

Cynthia Sarac

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Csarac, I understand how important it is to have reliable signal. We can't guarantee service indoors because there are many factors outside of our control that can affect indooor signal. This includes the building structure, material, interference from electrical equipment, etc. Did you recently move to this area or did you previously have service inside this house? The network extender routes calls over an existing internet connection and acts like an indoor tower.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
csarac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have lived in my house for 5 years and did not have a problem with US

Cellar dropping the calls in my house. Why should I pay almost $300.00 to

get better service in my home? Right now, I couldn't even call 911 without

the call being dropped.

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 7:20 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

csarac,

I completely understand where you're coming from and we want you to be able to enjoy a reliable service while indoors. The Network Extender is an investment to ensure you are able to use your phone while in your home at all times.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
flakvi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem in my home but just in the past 6 months.  Verizon has given be a new phone after I just got a new phone in April and then the same again in July with a new sims card.  Still not service in my home.  The signal strength is -107 or more sometimes and said maybe i need to get a booster.  I myself have no landline anymore so very frustrating when nobody can call me, the worst part it doesnt even show up as a missed call.  I sometimes get a voicemail.  My children try and call and now they know if they cant they text and say call when you can.  If it is a real emergency I will never know.  I paid alot for a samsung s20 fe 5g and my husband has a old flip phone and he gets a call anywhere in our home.  I dont and cant afford a signal booster, its not my fault and why do i want to spend over 200 dollars when I already pay enough for by wireless bill.   Note my daughter has a google phone and same thing in our house she could not get calls.  We have had verizon for over 20 years, why now all of sudden these new phones cant get a signal in our own home!!!

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. It saddens our team to hear that you're without service and we're here to help. Thank you for providing such detailed information. We'll do everything we can to resolve your family's service concerns.

Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes