dropped new iphone 5 what to do?
valsevo

i dropped my new phone and it put a little mark on it at the top not really noticable but for what i paid i am mad because the case i bought does not fit all the way around it so just asking for advice what would u do? just ignore it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: dropped new iphone 5 what to do?
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Call the case company make them pay to get you a new iPhone 5 since it was a case issue

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Was the Case Bought at Verizon Store or Some were's else it's best to buy it at your Local Store that way you know it will be and approved product for the iPhone and when your Test Fitting if it at all feels un-normal in it's fit don't use it don't use the Case) But if the Phone seems to be Operating fine no ill affects it should be Ok. And with a Good Manufactures Case you won't even see the Bump it will be Covered..  b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe they should sue themselves for using a case that didn't fit properly and for dropping their phone?

Seriously, if the phone is working fine, it's just a cosmetic issue ... that happens to a lot of us.  It's a bummer, but life goes on ...     Get a case that fits properly and as B33 says, it'll cover the blemish and no one but you will know.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do UNLESS the manufacturer of the case offers a guarantee against damage to your device when dropped. You already acknowledged knowing that the case didn't fit properly so some may fault you for choosing to continue using the case (if purchased when the iPhone 5 first released I know options were limited but there are a lot more options available now...and unless the place you purchased the case has a short return period - like VZW's 14 days, you should have been able to return it for another style/type case by the time more options became available). Check the manufacturer of the case to see if you have any options. Otherwise, as long as the device is still functional and the damage is solely cosmetic you should be fine with another case that covers it properly. Not sure if any insurance options you may have purchased would cover cosmetic damage (I don't think so...if it doesn't affect the actual functionality of the device) but you can check in to that if you did purchase any.

0 Likes
dropped new iphone 5 what to do?
valsevo

i guess everyone misunderstood me, its not a case problem i put a scratch on the new iphone 5 and was just wondering if it would bother others as much as it is me? most of these cases do not cover the whole phone and they are very slippery and with this phone not weighing much it just slides right out of my lap and on the ground and put a nick on top of the new phone and it bothers me so much cause its brand new. sorry for the confusion.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I understood your post and stand by my earlier comment ... if the phone is working fine, it's just a cosmetic issue ... that happens to a lot of us.  It's a bummer, but life goes on ...    

Don't get me wrong ... I totally understand and would be irritated at myself for dropping it and for that mark on my shiny new expensive phone.  BUT ... it could have been worse.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sounds like you knew it didn't fit right.

does the phone work properly?

why did it slide out of your lap, what were you doing at teh time?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well in your case Valsevo with the phone being Light and some or all the cases being on the slippery side)  it might not hurt to try a Defender Case from Otter Box) they make one heck of Case and your phone might Look like a battle Tank with it. but to wave the Cost of a new phone. It might be just what your needing..

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

If you have one of those slim cases or bumpers because you did not want to ruin the sleekness of the i5 then that's your fault for not getting some more protective (like an Otterbox). Chances are the case has a disclaimer on the packaging specifying the case is not meant to fully protect against damage. If you knew the case did not fully fit when when you get it then again, your fault. if your phone works fine but there is a small scuff then it's not a big deal. if you purchased a protection plan then you have a case for a possible replacement. My main comment would be to be more careful next time and really think about getting a more protective case. I know people moan and complain about the bulk of the cases but for the amount you paid for the phone isn't it better to be safe than sorry? I dropped my phone a couple weeks ago but had my Defender protecting it.

0 Likes