duplicate text messages
Double-textjim

My iPhone5 is receiving duplicate texts from many people which is quite annoying. It doesn't happen all the time but quite often from many sources - commercial, personal, etc. I have ICloud enabled and typically do not use iMessage. Could this be related to ICoud or iMessage from others? I am up to date on the OS and have done reboots as per the local Verizon Store. The problem remains and clearly needs to be addressed for me and many others. Please work with me on fixing this annoying problem. Another duplicate just arrived while I was writing this.

JDF

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: duplicate text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how annoying duplicate messages would be, Double-textjim. We would love to narrow this down for you.
We first need to determine if the messages are hitting our network multiple times. I'm sending you a Direct Message so I can get more information from you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Double-textjim,

Thank you very much for sending me the details via Direct Message.

From what I can tell, it appears as though the double messages are coming from the iPhone/iMessage.

Since they are iMessages, we are not able to view the text history.

I would recommend disabling the iMessage http://vz.to/140ZYg2 for a day or 2 to see if you get anymore duplicates. If not, we would have to refer you to Apple for support with duplicate iMessages coming from their iMessage server.

If you do get duplicates when iMessage is disabled, please DM me with those details.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Double-textjim

Thanks ­ I will turn off iMessage and see if that helps and let you know.

Jim.

James D. Fonger MD, FRCS(C)

Jfonger@gmail.com

(803) 767-8220

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Double-textjim,

Sounds like a plan! Once completed and tested, share with us your results and let us know if this has helped address this concern.

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
Double-textjim

I just received a double text with iMessage turned off. Please investigate two texts about 1 to 2 minutes apart from (removed) that came in around 7:45PM tonight with the same message from the same person to my phone. Hopefully this will provide you with some idea of what is happening.

JDF

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Double-textjim,

Thank you for the details. Please follow and private message me so I can further investigate the double text messages.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
Double-textjim

Continue to receive double texts with or without IMessage turned on - must be something else

Most recent yesterday

[removed]

Also Delta airlines at 11:14 and 11:15 PM

What would you suggest as next steps?

JDF

Personal Information removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Double-textjim,

Let's see what needs to be done to end these duplicating text messages!  Please accept my "Follow" request, follow me back and then send me a Direct Message so that I can further assist with this issue.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Double-textjim

I replied to your follow request - you should be able to see several double texts on my server over the past several days. If not I will be able supply some more. I-Message remains turned OFF while we sort through this.

Jim

0 Likes