Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
get almost free replacement rather than replacing battery?
parrotfish

My iPhone 5s is starting to show signs of battery weakness, meaning it doesn't hold a charge as well. I am aware there are services for replacing the battery, or it could be done by a user with the right tool and motivation to do it. But I also see that with a 2 year contract renewal (current one is up for renewal in about 2 months), I could get a replacement iPhone 5s for $0.99) Then I could sell the older one, as it is in mint condition. Wouldn't that make more sense than replacing the battery? (The answer seems obvious. but just getting some confirmation.)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: get almost free replacement rather than replacing battery?
kaebfly
Leader

Just depends on what you want to do. Do you want to be tied to another 2 year contract that won't allow you to upgrade again until it is complete? Is the device payment plan not something you're willing/wanting to do? If you are happy with your iPhone and your only concern is the battery...and you plan to upgrade to the same device just to avoid paying for a battery replacement...I would say it's not the best idea. You could replace the battery (in my area there are places that would do it for about $40 on that model) and continue to use your device. If you're getting an out of contract discount on your line right now you will lose it if you enter a new 2 year contact. That's something to consider too. Ultimately you have to make the decision. Whatever you choose isn't wrong or right. It's what is best for you.