getting iphone 5c for free
donnado613

I'm not sure if this is still available but at the end of the year I went to Best Buy to take advantage of their offer to get an iphone 5c for free if I signed a 2 year contract with Verizon.  I was entitled to a 20% discount on my plan through my employer but Best Buy told me they could not do that and I would need to go to Verizon to obtain my discount.  I broke down and went to Verizon and had to pay $99 to get the phone.  I learned later that I could have gotten the phone for free at Best Buy then just contacted Verizon to have my employee discount applied.  I also learned later at Verizon that my discount was only good on a $40 portion of my plan which therefore only amounts to $8 per month which I was disappointed to find out only after I had already signed up.  The main point however, is that I paid $99 that I really did not have to pay thanks to the uninformed sales person at Best Buy.  I have since signed up for the recent $45 plan and my discount doesn't apply to that plan anyway.  I know $99 is not a lot to some people but to me it was huge.  I'm just sharing this so others don't make the same mistake.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: getting iphone 5c for free
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

donnado613,

We agree every penny counts especially when you are in a tight budget. I am sorry to hear there was a bit of a confusion with your employee discount. The employee discount only applies to your account monthly charge not the total amount. Some employers off discount towards your device, however the Verizon Wireless discount is usually better. Did you just start service with us? The reason I ask is you can offset the $99 by trading in your old device. http://bit.ly/GGnDD.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes