how do i get my phone to turn on?
granykvm

My phone just died, I see nothing , cannot turn on or charge, am I doing something wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i get my phone to turn on?
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

I'm guessing since you posted in the iPhone 5 forum, it's an iPhone 5. When you say die, do you mean the battery died and it powered off, it it DIED as it just stopped working altogether?

If the battery died, sometimes it takes awhile for it to turn back on (once you connect it to power). If however it does not turn back on after 30 minutes (it should really only take about 5 minutes if powered from a wall socket, and not USB), then you'll have to visit Apple (or Verizon if there's no Apple store near you).

You can also try to hold the power and home button at the same time for about 20 seconds, and see if that kicks it back on, short of that, if charging, or trying the home button and power at same time don't work, you'll have to visit VZ or Apple.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

I'm guessing since you posted in the iPhone 5 forum, it's an iPhone 5. When you say die, do you mean the battery died and it powered off, it it DIED as it just stopped working altogether?

If the battery died, sometimes it takes awhile for it to turn back on (once you connect it to power). If however it does not turn back on after 30 minutes (it should really only take about 5 minutes if powered from a wall socket, and not USB), then you'll have to visit Apple (or Verizon if there's no Apple store near you).

You can also try to hold the power and home button at the same time for about 20 seconds, and see if that kicks it back on, short of that, if charging, or trying the home button and power at same time don't work, you'll have to visit VZ or Apple.

0 Likes
EpJayhawks12
Contributor - Level 1

Press the home button and the power button for 15 seconds, if (when) you see the Apple logo, let go

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@granykvm,

Let's get your phone powered on!

Is the phone fully charged? Try plugging the phone to the charger and try turning on the phone.

has there been any physical or liquid damage?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes