how to block text message sent from a pc
iphonecurious

How do I block a text message from a pc?  Will the sender get a message via email that their text sent to me was blocked or any kind of message attesting  to that fact?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to block text message sent from a pc
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

It should be the same process to block messages from a PC that it is to block from a number.  Are they coming in as emails?  This link:  Block calls and block or filter messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support gives instructions to block them.

I'm not sure what message they'll get, probably something that says the message couldn't be delivered.

0 Likes
iphonecurious

Thanks for your response.  Actually, I'm the one sending the text messages to my son who has an iPhone 5.  I wasn't able to discover if he has blocked my text messages sent from my pc email to his ##########@vtext.com because I am getting no response from him.  I couldn't discover if I would receive a notification of some kind if he had, in fact, blocked my messages.  I was hoping if someone with an iPhone 5 could tell me if there would be some notification that goes back to the pc that sent a message using the @vtext.com route should this be blocked by the iPhone recipient.  I gather there is some kind of notification.  I would just like to know for certain that I haven't been blocked using the pc route.  Thank you for the information you sent me, though, and for the time you took to respond to my query.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We  understand it's important to know if your message went through, iphonecurious. When our customers subscribe to Message Block (www.vzw.com/spamcontrols), the sender receives a text reply stating: "VZW FREE MSG: You cannot send messages to the destination that are blocked by the owner." I would not be able to confirm if there's a message sent back to the sender if the customer happens to be using a different setting or application to block messages though.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

iphonecurious

Thank you Jennifer, for responding to my question.  You've given me the best information so far.  What I would like to know, however, is if the iphone 5 recipient has to subscribe to Message Blocking to block a text sent from my pc email via the ten digit @vtxt.com route or can they simply use the blocking device on their iphone 5 to block that message?  If they can rely on the blocking device on their phone without using the Message Blocking service would I receive some type of notification that my text did not go through?  Thank you very much for your time and for the information you sent me.

0 Likes