how to turn off all background apps
hoganshero

I just got my daughter an iPhone 5c. I have not used a smart phone at all. I am not completely old tech but would like information on turning off apps in the background. Little did I know that these apps still will use data even though she is not using any apps per say. What apps need to stay on for the phone to function. I found out thru Verizon that just the clock on her phone will use data which I do not understand as a normal phone has one that does not use data. Is there a clock that does not use data?  These are the questions I would like answered. I have a small Data plan and she only needs to use wifi. thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to turn off all background apps
Not applicable

Settings-Cellular-Use Cellular Data For.

Scroll down to the end of the screen. You will see the apps that use cellular data. Simply make the green buttons turn grey. They will be off.

You can also turn off cellular data completely from this screen while using WiFi just in case

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how to turn off all background apps
Not applicable

Settings-Cellular-Use Cellular Data For.

Scroll down to the end of the screen. You will see the apps that use cellular data. Simply make the green buttons turn grey. They will be off.

You can also turn off cellular data completely from this screen while using WiFi just in case

Good Luck

0 Likes