Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I unlock my iphone 5c?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to unlock iphone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happy to clarify. The iPhone 5C is a global device and does not need to be unlocked for global use as it's already unlocked for use abroad. This will allow you to use the local SIM card.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can share additional information travelem! Sim lock does not apply to any Verizon Wireless 4G LTE devices with global roaming capabilities. These devices are able to be used with a third party local sim card without any additional steps to unlock the device. You can view Verizon Wireless global details here http://vz.to/17KseUf Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
travelem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your prompt reply. I want to make sure I understood what you are stating. This applies to iphone 5c as well? And I'm suspending my service in the USA and wanting to use a local SIM card from the country that I'm visiting for a few months. I still don't have to unlock?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happy to clarify. The iPhone 5C is a global device and does not need to be unlocked for global use as it's already unlocked for use abroad. This will allow you to use the local SIM card.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes