i-Phone 5 Not Picking Up Incoming Calls
JFfKW
Enthusiast - Level 1

Incoming calls to my i-Phone 5 are forwarded to voicemail.  When I turned off call-forwarding, calls come in but the reverts back to incming calls not ringing in, even if I have not move either phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i-Phone 5 Not Picking Up Incoming Calls
JFfKW
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem solved-do not disturb was on.

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

JFfKW wrote:

Incoming calls to my i-Phone 5 are forwarded to voicemail.  When I turned off call-forwarding, calls come in - OK, so turning off call forwarding works.

but the reverts back to incming calls not ringing in,  How long before this happens?  Do any calls come in \?  What is your signal like when calls don't get through?

even if I have not move either phone.  Now I'm confused - you have 2 phones?  What models?  Which one has this issue? 

If you had an older model iPhone, and upgraded to the iPhone5, you  need to remove the prior iPhone from your iTunes account to prevent "crossed signals" or information being sent to both phones.  Only one phone should be associated with one iTunes account.

If this doesn't seem to be the issue, post back with more details and expand on what you mean by "have not moved either phone".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there JFfKW!

Making sure you receive all of your calls is super important! I'm definitely sorry to know this has been occuring. Thank you so much for the troubleshooting you've already completed! Let's make sure we figure this out together.

Do you have any services that may cause your calls to be auto-forwarded? Be sure to review this link: http://bit.ly/10gk5lJ to end all possible forwards. Certain applications such as Google Voice, etc. may be installed and still applying the forward.

After you disable the call forwarding, and then notice it's not working any more, are the calls being routed again to voicemail or is your phone just not ringing?

Do you happen to have Do Not Disturb http://vz.to/1iajldg setup? If so, please disable and test again.

Keep me posted!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JFfKW
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem solved-do not disturb was on.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes