iOS 6: texts sent to e-mail addresses arrive as .txt attachments
Zenith629
Enthusiast - Level 2

I located the follwoing Q & A on the Apple site. I have the same issue and cannot read the Verizon iPhone 4s/5 iOS 6 text messages on my Verizon Galaxy S III. Has anyone identified a solution?

(Q) A friend just updated his iPhone 4 to iOS 6, and now the texts he sends to my e-mail address are sent as a .txt attachment (titled "text_0.txt") instead of in the body of the e-mails.  This is a problem, since I can't open the .txt attachments on my Kindle Keyboard.  Any ideas how he can get the messages back in the body of the e-mails I receive from him?

(A)  I just received the below from Verizon today:

FREE VZW MSG-DO NOT REPLY: The issue with the text messages on iOS 6 has been escalated to Apple. I will contact you when I have more information.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iOS 6: texts sent to e-mail addresses arrive as .txt attachments
Zenith629
Enthusiast - Level 2

To clarify, like the Kindle owner in the question I cannot read the text_0,txt attachments sent from iPhone 4s/5 iOS 6 devices to my E-MAIL ACCOUNT when accessed from my Verizon Galaxy SIII.

0 Likes
Zenith629
Enthusiast - Level 2

Given that Verizon Customer Service offered to resolve the question weeks ago, and since we have not heard any feedback, could the Verizon Moderator of this site please comment?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Moderators on this site help to keep the community with the rules of the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Are they sending any special characters? Like emoji?

0 Likes
rmstanis

has anyone come up with an answer as to why ios 6 is sending text to email as an attachment.

0 Likes
Cruzzer08

I have this problem too, and have been following that apple thread since the beginning.  Its definitely a Verizon problem because ios6 users from all other carriers have not experienced this issue.  Seems like Verizon doesn't really care and has left me hoping that the 6.1 upgrade thats soon to come will fix it. 

0 Likes
RicksterRick

So, what's the resolution on this?

It looks like this thread has been active 6 months since the first message.

Any solution?

0 Likes