iOS 7 1x signal issues
oakley02

I updated my iphone 5 32 gb to iOS 7. All of yesterday I was on 1x network in an area where I normally have at least 3G if not LTE. I downgraded back to iOS 6 and all seems back to normal. When I was on iOS 7, a call wouldn't last 30 seconds before failing. Any known fix for this issue in iOS 7?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iOS 7 1x signal issues
Harchp

I updated to iOS7 had the same issues, I did Verizon Update Roaming *228 option 2 & now my iPhone 4 is back to 3G. It worked for me & I work on the first floor (basement) of a building. Hopefully it will help, everything is a hit or miss. 

0 Likes
mikekillion

I also updated to iOS 7 on an iphone 5 over the weekend, I'm back to work today in midtown manhattan, 42nd and 6th ave with one LTE bar ???? Had full signal last week, what happened.   Come on Verizon, this is new york city !!!

0 Likes
Harchp

http://www.verizonwireless.com/care/popups/prl.html

Updating your Preferred Roaming List (PRL)

Verizon Wireless is constantly making advancements in our roaming technology to provide you with superior roaming capabilities. By updating your Preferred Roaming List, you will have access to these enhancements, which may include:
  • Longer battery life 
  • Fewer dropped or blocked calls 
  • Clear, crisp connection in even more areas across the United States 
  • Ability to connect to the digital network in more parts of the country
Here are some basic instructions on how you can update your Preferred Roaming List:
  1. Power on your Verizon Wireless phone. 
  2. Dial *228 from your home digital coverage area, followed by the SEND key. This call is airtime free. 
  3. When prompted, press option 2 to update your phones roaming capabilities (This process may take up to 2 minutes). 
  4. Once completed, a confirmation message will be played informing you that your phone has been programmed.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't dial the *228 code to update your PRL on 4G LTE phones and devices. You instead turn off the device and remove the SIM card for a few minutes. Reinsert the SIM card and power on the device. This forces the device to reestablish its connection with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SCapLou

I am currently dealing with the same issue for my iphone 5. I called Verizon and they tried a hard reset and that didnt help so they sent me a new phone. Once I got that new phone, it worked briefly, until I updated  to iOs7. Now it's giving me 1x again and HARDLY connecting to any WiFi that I am around. I also work in a basement in Midtown New York and even when I am out and about, I can't make calls and I can't text .

0 Likes
PalmerWoodrow

I'm getting 1x all over L.A., Chicago, and in other areas that should have perfect reception.  Even outdoors in unobstructed locations.

Verizon has become nearly unusable at this point.  Today I tried to look up a location on Google Maps, and the phone couldn't communicate with the server.  I had to drive home and use my computer instead of the data plan I'm paying Verizon for.

PATHETIC.

0 Likes