priestoe

I was really happy to receive my 5s right on schedule. After 2 days of use, I realized that I cannot send e-mail from my gmail account or my centuryLink account.   Also, text messages sent to non-Verizon phones were taking hours to be delivered.  Messages sent to Verizon phones are delivered fine and as usual. My wife, who has a 5, began to experience the same problems after "upgrading" to iOS7.  Has anyone experienced these issues after moving to iOS7?  Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iOS7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there priestoe,

The iPhone 5s is a great device and I am happy to know that you received yours right on schedule. Let's get those e-mails up and running. Can you receive e-mails on those accounts ok? Do you get an error message when trying to send? Are you having any issues with other data applications?

The numbers that it is taking a bit for the message to be received, are they all on the same carrier?

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
priestoe

Thanks for the reply. I can receive e-mails but I receive the error message when I’m on any wifi. If I turn off wifi, occasionally I can send an e-mail if I reconfigure my e-mail account. After a short period of time, I can no longer send e-mail using cellular. Again, txt messages to non Verizon phones take 1-2 hours to arrive

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No problem, we are here to help! I did not find these as known issues. Have you tried to delete the e-mail accounts and adding them back on? Here is how: Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Choose e=mail account > scroll down and delete. Add back and test again.

Are these standard text messages? Or are they picture messages? Try to reset network settings. Go to settings > general > reset > reset network settings. Let us know how it works. We can contact you and troubleshoot further.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes