iPhone 4/ 5
johnnyf

I'm a Verizon customer and I'm eligible for an upgrade and I want to buy the iPhone 4.  I was wondering if Verizon is going to allow their customers to purchase the iPhone 4 and be able to upgrade their iPhone 4 in June or July to the iPhone 5 when it comes out? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4/ 5
ryguycoch

Most likely not. That would be a lose in profit. But you have the option of full retail.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

here we go!!!! and you know the iphone 5 is coming to verizon how?

0 Likes
hmvargo
Contributor - Level 1

johnnyf wrote:

I'm a Verizon customer and I'm eligible for an upgrade and I want to buy the iPhone 4.  I was wondering if Verizon is going to allow their customers to purchase the iPhone 4 and be able to upgrade their iPhone 4 in June or July to the iPhone 5 when it comes out? 

The first thing that came to mind is : go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass go - do not collect $200.

NO. They aren't allowing people that aren't eligible for upgrade to upgrade early to the iPhone 4. Even if it's only a couple weeks/months away from their renewal.

You want to sign a contract now (or february 3rd/10th) and then be able to upgrade again in June/July (which hasn't even been confirmed). For shame.

0 Likes
Tug101

AZSALUKI wrote:

here we go!!!! and you know the iphone 5 is coming to verizon how?

For all of your chastising of others for new threads on the same topic...  does this really add to the discussion?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i suppose no more than your post just added? carry on (although i did at LEAST address the topic)

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

lol.  I love these threads.  zomg, the iPhone 4 isn't even out yet but I wanna know when the next one is coming.  While unlikely, I kinda hope Verizon does release another one this summer just so there will be 10 pages of threads for people who want free upgrades.  

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

johnnyf wrote:

ok....so maybe we shouldn't pile on johnnyf here. my opinion is no, they wouldn't do this. i doubt there will even be an ip5 for verizon this summer though. steve jobs has had no interest in preparing a 4g version of the iphone and there really is no point in releasing a new iphone (for verizon anyway, who has 4g) until it is made to be 4g capable. this is why i believe there wont be one this year....at least not for verizon. but if there were, i just can't see verizon giving millions of early upgrades to customers who signed a new contract only months earlier.

0 Likes
johnnyf

i mean apple introduces a new phone every june and i read that the new iphones are going to be universal. there will be one iphone which can be used on any carrier. thought it was a valid question.

0 Likes
Tug101

AZSALUKI wrote:

i suppose no more than your post just added? carry on (although i did at LEAST address the topic)

Hypocrisy on line #2  Mr. “Pony”  

0 Likes