iPhone 5 Activation
smokey_ty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered my iPhone 5 on a different line on the my plan and need to activate it on my line. Does anyone know if I go on line and take the ESN/IMEI from the box and input it on the activation screen if I will be able to activate it on the line I want? Surely I won't have to take it into a Verizon store...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 Activation
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure about that but call vzwand the can do it over the phone and then you can turn the iPhone on to complete. Just remember do not turn your iPhone 5 on until you call to have them switch first. You could probably do it after the fact but would result in multiple drees so make it easy and call before powering up.

0 Likes
smokey_ty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awesome. I'm so glad to know they can do it over the phone and I won't have to go to store. Thanks!

0 Likes
javaman78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called cust svc for my new 5 today. I wanted to do as you said and activate it on a different line. I was told with the new nano sim (sp?) card this not possible. My two options were to activate it on the line I upgraded and then 24 hours later switch the phones around or go to the store and they would give me a new sim card. I went to the local store and they said they were not shipped these new sim cards and therefore the only option I had was to activate the phone and wait 24 hours.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

Does the phone have to be activated for 24 hours or just 24 hours after first activation?

0 Likes
javaman78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assume 24 hours after first activation.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

I hope so

0 Likes