iPhone 5 Availability?
JFazYankees

I have an upgrade in just under 2 weeks and I'm gonna get an iPhone 5. Problem is, they're sold out everywhere. Does anyone know how often stores receive shipments or when I can expect the phone to ship faster than 3 weeks from online?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5 Availability?
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

it is sold out everywhere, i recommend calling your local radioshack, ive heard they got a couple since people dont usually buy from there. If verizon is sold out, order online quick before ship date changes from Oct 26 to IDK

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rwstgermain
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your best bet is to order through apple and try the in store pickup option.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

No one can really answer that. As mentioned, you might want to just order it and try for in-store pickup...or just keep checking the local retailers every day to see if they have any in stock...if the retailer has a waiting list or a call back list to let you know then put yourself on the list.

0 Likes
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

it is sold out everywhere, i recommend calling your local radioshack, ive heard they got a couple since people dont usually buy from there. If verizon is sold out, order online quick before ship date changes from Oct 26 to IDK

0 Likes
JFazYankees

Almost all Radioshacks near me are out too. And I can't order until I'm eligible for an upgrade so I'm hoping for stores to get more in

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The problem isn't stores getting more in necessarily...it's stores keeping them in for long. There are a lot of people that will become eligible starting 10/6 or 10/7 (that purchased the iPhone 4 during the original VZW release...and purchased with a new 2 year contract)...assuming they want the iPhone 5 but waited until they were eligible instead of using one of the other methods possible then you have a new flood of customers that will also be trying to get their hands on one. That's why I said you will either need to order it or keep checking retailers on a daily basis...and be prepared to go there immediately if you are told they have some in stock. Plus, remember there are already a lot of people that are already waiting for some to be in stock (not waiting for an upgrade eligible date because either they already are eligible or are purchasing under other circumstances).

0 Likes