iPhone 5 LTE Delay/Lag
leemz21

Hello All-

I am having an issue with my new Verizon iPhone 5.  I have very good LTE coverage in the Orlando area.  However, I am noticing that there is a lag, or delay when trying to access the data connection after coming out of standby (and other times of data inactivity as well).

Some examples (from another user on MacRumors forums):

1. Using Siri from the Lock screen, it will take about 10-15 seconds to respond, then once it does respond, it will handle anything you throw at it until you lock the phone and let it sit for a few minutes again.

2. After unlocking, and trying to open any websites from Safari. Same thing, about a 10 second pause while it attempts to turn on the LTE radio, then boom, it works blazingly fast and again handles anything you throw at it.

3. Sending a text message. Same thing, right after you bring the phone out of standby from sitting for a few minutes, it will hesitate when sending the first message like it's trying to connect to the network, and then once it does, you can then send stuff with no delay.

It's really bad. I can't even properly stream music from iHeartRadio without it constantly cutting out, pushed mail is delayed, and iMessage is working crappy. It's like the LTE chip keeps turning off and then you have to wait for it to kick back in.  Once it works, the speed is fine, but it keeps turning off! I have reset network settings, rebooted, etc.

Any other Verizon users experiencing this? What about AT&T users? Should I take it to the Apple store and have it swapped out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 LTE Delay/Lag
rara105
Contributor - Level 1

Reset your cellular network.

0 Likes
leemz21

I have reset the cellular network settings and reset the phone.  It only helps for a few minutes, but then it goes back to the described problem above.

0 Likes
mmalto

I have the exact same issue as leemz21.  Plenty of people on other forums are reporting the same problem.

0 Likes
leemz21

I'm also getting the same lag when I turn off LTE. This wasn't the case with the 4S so I really hope this is software.

Also worth noting that LTE on my iPad in the same area works fine.

0 Likes
Cricet

I've experienced the same issues as the original posters as well. I'm also in the Orlando market.

0 Likes
Blinkthisone82

iPhone 5 with verizon in Panama City Beach, Fl. Having the same issue. It seems like my phone is trying to catch a connection or something. Whether Siri is trying to do a task or using safari it seems to lag. But when it finally gets a connection it's lightening fast. I have full bars and LTE is on but it seems that sometimes it has to "warm up" I love my phone but hate the connection. Hoping this is fixed soon. I have reset a thousand times. No solution. I think this issue is only I'm the south

0 Likes
leemz21

Some users on MacRumors suggest it may be a network related issue isolated to the southeast US (FL, TX, AL, GA). Can anyone else confirm whether or not they have this issue outside of the southeast?

0 Likes
Phinsup

Same issue, Stuart, Fl. Two iPhone 5's have reset and restored, issue still persists. Does not do it on wifi, only on cellular data.

0 Likes
jordn613

I'm on with Verizon now, logging a ticket. He said no tickets are in for this issue yet, so go ahead and call and let them know you're also having the issue, it seems to be regional and others on Verizon in the area are also logging tickets.

0 Likes